PLAYING WITH CANVAS ART | The Flamingo Chronicals: PLAYING WITH CANVAS ART

PLAYING WITH CANVAS ART

A while ago I picked up some gallery canvas on sale at work to play with.
I have been trying different mediums on it to see how they come out.
I created these to pieces to go in my guest powder room.  
The first thing I did was to paint the sides of the canvas with gold craft paint. I used Folk Art. 
I picked a couple of random quotes from my journal and printed them on light weight paper.
I did some stamping and inking with my Galaxy Gold (Brilliance) ink pad. 
Then I used Modge Podge to adhere the paper to the canvas. 
I used the same stamps to decorate the sides, using VersaMagic Chalk Ink. 
I added pearls and rhinestones to the stamped images on the front and the sides
and also used my stickles to add a little more sparkle.
A few Prima flowers and some brads and I was finished! 
I had a lot of fun with these and they look great in my powder room.  
The larger canvas is 10X10 and the smaller is 5X5.

Thanks for stopping by and have a GREAT day!
Anita 

No comments:

Post a Comment