Time Flys | The Flamingo Chronicals: Time Flys

Time Flys

Happy almost Christmas my blogging friends!
Are you ready??? I think I am - we will see!
So happy that I have managed to squeeze in some scrapping time,
I am only three days behind in my DD - not bad, huh?

Today I have a LO I made with the sketch over at Stuck On U Sketches 
The sketch was holiday themed, but I took it in a different direction, using an everyday 
photo on my LO instead. Here is a peek
My papers are from Pink Paisley, and I have also used Bazzill, May Arts, 
Tim Holtz Grungeboard, Prima jewels, Ranger, Basic Grey, 
some stuff from my stash and Inka-Gold.
Have you used Inka-Gold??? Let me tell you this stuff is THE BOMB!!!!
Where has it been all my life??? It is a paste that you apply with a sponge 
and it dries almost instantly!!!
INSTANTLY I TELL YOU!
It is so shiny and shimmery, you will want to put it on everything!
I have been covering my studio in the stuff!
But I digress,,, for this LO I used it on the birdcage, the fairy wings and 
the butterfly in the title above. See how sparkly it is?? I applied Lava Green 
all overand then Rose to the edges. I am using Rangers Cut n Dry to apply it. 

I did a fair amount of layering on this LO because I wanted it to really have some dimension. 
I used 3 layers on the bottom as you can see here,  and a couple at the top. 

Here is a look at the sketch I used from SOUS
I rotated the sketch 90 degrees to the left to fit my photo. 

I am also linking my LO over at Bird Is The Word  ~ "Time"

If you are in the North Texas area you can get the Inka-Gold colors at The Crafty Scrapper in Waxahachie
If you are not lucky enough to live here, Google it - there are tons of places that sell it online.
Thank you for hopping by my blog! 
Have a wonderful and safe Holiday!
Anita

6 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS LO, Anita!!! TFS....and, WHERE do you get the Inka Gold? Also, who is it by? .....Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, fab take on the sketch :) thanks for playing with us at SOUS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita, this is just grand! Love that you've used my sketch .. I'm honored. I shop at the Crafty Scrapper some but it is a bit of a drive for me .. but such a nice store. Thanks for playing .. new sketch goes up Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sentiment behind your page. Gorgeous details. Thanks for joining us at BITW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout Anita.. I hear ya on "where does the time go?" thing.. My oldest just turned 22 and has moved in with her boyfriend.. I thank god everyday we work together, so I still see her on a daily basis :)
    thnx for finding the time to play along with us girls over at SOUS and Merry Christmas..
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page! lovely details!! Thanks for playing along us at Bird is the Word!!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete