Tutorial using Chipboard and Layers- Wonder | The Flamingo Chronicals: Tutorial using Chipboard and Layers- Wonder

Tutorial using Chipboard and Layers- Wonder

Hi to all my friends in blogland!

Today I have a new layout to share for 
The Crafty Scrapper's May Blog Challenge

This month the challenge is to
USE LAYERS
You can interpret that anyway you want and remember,
any project is eligible to enter- it doesn't have to be a layout! 

Here is a look at my layout
This is my Sweet Baby Jade at 11 months old! She was so cute back then!
I have used Carta Bella papers and chipboard to build my layers.

Here's how to do it
I mapped out where I wanted my photo to go, then I arranged chipboard pieces around the outer edge until I was happy with the way they looked. 

Once everything was glued down, I put two thin coats of gesso over the whole thing and spread it out around the area onto the page as well. Let dry completely.

Add you color how ever you want- I used some pink Glitter Glam from Heidi Swapp- I just painted a heavy coat over the whole area; let dry completely. 

When everything was dry I splattered some pink paint over the whole layout. I used my Stamper's Big Brush Pen in White to add accents around the outer edge of the chipboards and added some pearls from Queen and Co. 

Here is a closer look. The Chipboard title is from Blue Fern Studios and I heat embossed with Raspberry Tart from Sparkle N Sprinkle.

To add another layer at the bottom, I cut my paper and punched the cut edges, folding them back. I added a doiley that I have had for YEARS underneath, some brads, buttons and flowers. 
Flowers are Prima, buttons are from Imaginisce. 

I wanted to use this cute polka dot paper to match her swimsuit, but I didn't want a huge piece of it. I cut one strip to show the dots and added it across the page from the photo. I added machine stitching along the edges. The punch used here is from Fiskars and I added some faux stitching with my PITT® Artist Pen from Faber-Castell®.  

I used Detail White EP from Sparkle N Sprinkle on this chippie from Creative Embellishments- look how crisp the edge is when using the detail powder!
The hearts on the side were made using a Wendy Vecchi stencil and embossing paste. When it was dry I used two colors of Gelatos® to color them.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
You have until May 31st to link up your project over on 






4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love everything on your layout! First, the adorable photo is perfect! The chipboard, gesso & painting, punched borders & stitching, the cut area with the doily and flowers, the perfect mix of pp, and the Detail White on the chipboard! Also, the pink splatters & awesome title! Looks like a need to buy some Sparkle N Sprinkle to add to my supplies! A very beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita, Your layout are always so beautiful. Love all the added details. There is so much to see. Absolutely stunning LO.
    Hugs,
    Eret

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute picture! I love the chipboard heart frame and all the wonderful elements! Great job! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun, pretty , and super cute layout !!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra

    ReplyDelete