Stenciled Wall Art with Smoothfoam | The Flamingo Chronicals: Stenciled Wall Art with Smoothfoam

Stenciled Wall Art with Smoothfoam

Hi everyone! 
I have a second project to share today for Smoothfoam.


Ever since my box of Smoothfoam showed up on my doorstep, I have been wanting to make a piece of wall art with the 12X12 sheets. I have been turning ideas over and over in my head and finally inspiration struck! I have some large stencils meant to create texture on the walls – I was positive I could 
use the same technique on my Smoothfoam.
stenciled smoothfoam art panel
You will need:
Two 12×12 Smoothfoam Scrapbook Page Mounts
Acrylic paints - medium turquoise, gold, dark turquoise
Stencil
Drywall texture or molding paste
Glaze medium
Iridescent ink spray
Palette knife, small sponge, paintbrush
Double-sided tape
Craft glue
Lace trim, paper flowers
White paint pen
1.  Adhere the edges of the two sheets together with double-sided tape to create a 12″ x 24″ surface.
2.  Paint the entire surface with two coats of medium turquoise paint, drying between coats. Position your stencil on the surface and spread the paste over the stencil with a palette knife; apply a heavy coat. Remove the stencil and allow to dry overnight.
3.  Apply a 50/50 mixture of glaze and gold paint to the raised stenciled image.  When dry, sponge paint small amounts of dark turquoise to add shadow accents inside and around the image. Use a wet wipe to blend in the color more if needed, let dry.
 
4.  Spray the entire surface area with iridescent ink; let dry.
5.  If desired, glue lace trim and flowers as shown to frame and embellish your art panel. Add dots with a white paint pen to accent.



texture paste stencil on smoothfoam

 I love the way it turned out!~
Be sure to give this a try with

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome Anita. Never even heard of smoothfoam! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! Beautiful design. I have not heard of smoothfoam either. Tutorial??? xo

    ReplyDelete